Archive for the ‘News & Events’ Category
While the work on TeamCity 7.0 is already in progress, we keep polishing the 6.5.x branch. Here’s new bug-fix update – TeamCity 6.5.3, that addresses issues related to MS SQL problems in the first place and includes some other fixes.
Don’t forget to back up your data before upgrading.
During the last month we’ve spent most of the time fixing bugs. And TeamCity 6.5.2 is the result of this effort. This minor bugfix release fixes a lot of critical issues, and has several important usability improvements. Take a look at the release notes. If you are using TeamCity 6.5 or 6.5.1 we strongly recommend to upgrade.
Bug-fix update for TeamCity is available and we strongly recommend all TeamCity 6.5 user to upgrade. This update addresses problem with slow clean-up on Oracle DB, and some other critical issues.
If you failed to upgrade with version 6.5, make sure you give 6.5.1 a try: it contains a number of fixes related to upgrade process.
TeamCity takes yet another step towards complete perfection by releasing version 6.5 – it’s here, it’s available, it’s waiting for you to download and try it. So what’s in the box?
- Remote run on changes in DVCSs branches: New build trigger added that watches for commits into Git or Mercurial branches and adds personal build to the build queue when commit detected.
- Parameterized Version Control System roots: Parameter references can now be used in all text fields of a VCS root settings except, of course, password fields.
- Tests grouping: To help you identify common problems faster tests can now be grouped by package on the build results page, Current Problems page, My Changes and in many other places.
- Muting test failure: If some tests fail for a known reason and it is not possible to fix them right away, you can temporarily mute them. For example, if your test is failing intentionally, when required functionality is not yet written (TDD).
- Remote build agent installation: New experimental way to automatically install build agents on the machines in your network or in the cloud called “Agent Push”.
- JetBrains dotCover 1.1 integration: TeamCity VS-addin can download dotCover test coverage snapshots from the TeamCity server and open them right in the dotCover installed in your Visual Studio locally.
- .NET: A number of new feature is available for .NET deveopers, such as:
- AssemplyInfo Patcher build feature that allows to set a build number to an assembly automatically, without having to patch AssemblyInfo.cs files manually.
- PowerShell: dedicated build runner for PowerShell scripts.
- MSpec: built-in MSpec runner designed specifically to run MSpec tests.
- .NET process runner able to run any .NET assembly under selected .NET Framework version and platform, optionally with .NET code coverage.
- and much more.
But that’s not the end of the story. We have some trully great news for small and medium-size teams that use TeamCity Professional Edition (which is free, as you know). Starting with this release we have removed all restrictions except one: the maximum number of build configurations. This gives TeamCity Professional Edition users following advantages:
- Unlimited number of users.
- Ability to use any authentication scheme.
- Adjustable per-project permissions.
Meet fresh bug-fix update for TeamCity – TeamCity 6.0.3. Here are some noteworthy fixes:
- TW-15296: “Cleanup after some archived-build deletions takes 6.5hr”.
- TW-15335: “Xml report plugin eats too much CPU”.
Plus, now TeamCity recognizes and displays on the Tests tab FlexUnit tests ran by flexmojos-maven-plugin.
Don’t forget to backup your data before upgrading.
Guys from the YouTrack team have great news that we’ve considered worth spreading further, and I believe you are going to be as much excited as we are here. Now, if you’d like to use YouTrack, you don’t need to install or setup anything, because YouTrack Hosted Beta is now available! Join the beta testing group today and get:
- 50 user accounts
- Unlimited number of projects
- FREE use until July 1, 2011
And enjoy all the benefits of hosted issue tracking with YouTrack:
- Full YouTrack functionality + all new features
- Daily backups
- Import from other bug trackers using YouTrack Python Client Library
- Automatic migration to hosted production
- No-effort migration to standalone YouTrack using the hosted db backup
- RESTful API for integration with third party tools
Note, the number of the hosted beta instances is limited!
Interested in YouTrack? Find more about it’s features and updates in its blog.
New update for TeamCity is now available – TeamCity 6.0.2. As usual this minor release contains mostly bug-fixes, however some of them we concider rather important and worth mentioning. For example:
- TW-15026 : “TFS server plugin leaks TC-TFS* folders under server’s TEMP”.
- TW-15033 : “IntelliJ IDEA Project build runner creates .JAR files with duplicated .class when final .EAR contains cyclic dependencies”.
- TW-15205 : “IDEA coverage does not generate coverage report if there is one more step in the build”.
- TW-15155 : “Windows tray notifier does not upgrade”.
2010 was a huge success for JetBrains but it is already clear 2011 is going to be another year to remember.
On the 17th of January, as part of our growth, we opened a new office in Munich, Germany.
The beer of course! Now, although the beer had a great role in the decision, one of the main reasons was that we want to be closer to our European community. Europe makes up a big part of our customer base with Germany being the biggest one in Europe, and Munich is quite the center of EU. Being here full-time we’ll be able to participate more in local events and organize our own too.
View from our 6th floor office window.
Come and Celebrate it with us at the JetBrains Open House
We are eager to get under way, so let there be no delay. We want to celebrate the opening of our new office and invite you to join us at a small “open house” gathering. We’ll tell you more about us, how we work, why we care so much about our work.
You’ll meet the teams behind the tools you use daily. We’ll share some news, probably T-shirts, and we’ll have some drinks and food of course.
Tele-conference with RubyMine team in St.Petersburg.
The “open house” will take place on Friday, 18th of February, 16:30 – 20:30.
A large section of our office is still being made up, so our capacity is a bit limited at the moment. Therefore, we kindly ask you to RSVP and also tell us what JetBrains products excite you most, except TeamCity of course.
JetBrains GmbH team
“Develop with pleasure!”
We released TeamCity 6.0 on the first winter day. Now we are ready to announce TeamCity 6.0.1 with some important bugfixes.
We would like to thank those users who bravely rushed installing TeamCity 6.0 right after the announcement. Thanks to your feedback and submitted issues we were able to eliminate a bunch of bugs. And now, TeamCity 6.0.1 is available for download.